Thursday, October 20, 2005
New Illegal Settlement around Bethlehem
posted by: bethlehembloggers at 9:56 PM
We got an email from someone who said the following:

"Hi, I just saw your blog. I'm an Israeli living in Ramat Gan.

My justification for the security fence is that it stops terrorists from exploding themselves together with our children in Israel proper, and it has success cause until the hudna it stopped 80% of all of those attempts.

Why don't all of you take care of that not happening anymore, so I can change my views about the (human) legality of that fence.

Thanks in advance for the answer"


Without going into how exactly the Wall has stopped 80% of attacks on Israel ‘proper’, (if you say so), let’s look at what is Israel ‘proper’ in the first place – the Wall (let’s not get into whether it should be called a fence or not either) is not about security at all. Why else is it being built so deep inside the West Bank? This is a new method of stealing Palestinian land to be used for expanding the illegal settlements.



In the photo above you can see the hill that used to be visible from Bethlehem before 1997. On the other side of the hill is Jerusalem.



In this second photo you can see the monstrosity that is ‘Har Homa’ as it was in 2001. All of this is built inside Palestinian West Bank, inside the so called Green Line.

More photos of Har Homa Settlement as it was being built (and it’s still expanding).

And guess what? IMEMC news reported just last week that ARIJ have found out that Israel plans to build a new settlement on Beit Sahour's land:

Dr. Jad Isaac, head of the Applied Research Institute of Jerusalem said on Wednesday that Israel is planning to build a new Jewish settlement on the land of the West Bank town of Beit Sahour east of Bethlehem.

Dr. Isaac's comment came in a meeting organized by the municipality of Beit Sahour and the Ministry of Local Governments in the Palestinian Authority with the residents of the lands threatened to be confiscated for the settlement to be built on.

He urged the land owners to provide the municipality with their land deeds so that the lawyer can act and try to stop the confiscation.

The land projected for confiscation is 3666 Dunams (916 acres) where as the area of the town of Beit Sahour is close to 4500 Dunams (1225 acres).

The Israeli army has already built a crossing point on the eastern entrance of the town and is planning to build a permanent military base close to it.

This would block Bethlehem area from the rest of the West Bank from its east and northern sides.




Thanks to Ben White and to the Israeli, who we won’t name here, who emailed us. Why is the route of the ‘security fence’ cutting so deep inside Palestinian land (see map above from stop the wall)? Answers on a postcard please...
20 Comments
Anonymous Anonymous
Yep, that was me sending you that mail. Honestly I don't care if they settle there or not as long as the charters of the terrorgroups that reign the streets of those territories are not changed and they are willing to send out people killing themselves together with as many Israeli citizens as possible. And if you've heard that the wall as you call the fence is not stopping 80% of all attacks on Israeli citizens, you must be missing something: eyes & ears, probably.
See: please LET ME get angry at those bloody settlers, LET ME condemn landgrabbing at the top of my voice. BUT ...take care that the evil roots that are "fighting" with our citizens, may they be grownups or babies, change THEIR plans to wipe us off the map FIRST - change your priorities for addressing humanity to where the most danger lies, and you'll find in me one of the most fanatic Israeli's that will demand the Palestinians rights be it either for their land or wellbeing, and with me: I'm sure most of the moderate Israeli's.
You are chosing the wrong path - you are defending the results of what terrorism has done without even hiding their real goal - direct yourself first towards that danger, if you'll erase that threat, I'm 100% sure you'll find most Israeli's standing behind you.
Tsedek
3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Just passing thru and I think you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to put you in my favorites!

I have a site that covers annuity legal structured settlements

Come and check it out when you have the time and keep up the great work on your site :-) annuity legal structured settlements
9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Looking for US.... If you are like me it seems like there is never enough time in the day.. You get home late and leave early.. then the weekends thats another story by itself. My wife has found it easier to hire somebody if you we need help with room addition. She fond a great site for room addition at http://roomadd4u.com and wanted to share it with you.. Im glad to find help when I need it.. I hope you have great luck remodeling your home...
5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
I looked at several sites during this search but yours was the best I found on this subject. Keep up the good work.
9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous
a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!
10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Hi ##name##, this is year one of home schooling for us. My wife is a real trooperhome school information My schedule does not allow me to help as much as I wouldlike. She shows the patience and the kids are learning. We are thankful that we are going this route. Please pass on any good homeschool tips.home school informationthanks
6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
310 home equity loans
10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Hey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.

The goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.
10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my make money with a computer site.
Good luck!
1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my make money ways web site.
Have a great week!
8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following parts blog, it is cool to!
5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following vehicle blog, it is cool to!
6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my make money taking photos site.
Have a great week!
11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
hello
12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
preaward team subcontractorBloggers

Looking for preaward team subcontractor at http://doityourselfpro.com/. Well I recomend This Site. Maybe your asking who am I.... Well Im not Who you think I am. If you need help with preaward team subcontractor Then GO NOW
7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Appreciated your info.

Thanks,

Steve @
work at home ideas and opportunities
6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
baseball cap challenge fantasy free news salary sportingAny one using the phrase "easy as taking candy from a baby, has never tried taking candy from a baby before.baseball cap challenge fantasy free news salary sporting
11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Hey, nice site. I appreciate all the info here on home loan lending.
Going to bookmark it too. My site also contains some interesting stuff on home loan lending.
Feel free to come by and have a look. Thanks.
12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous
I really like your site about mortgage rate calculator.
Good job on putting it together.
I've also got a little spot about mortgage rate calculator.
Come on over...
5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous
Saw your blog about google finance - as it is along the same lines I thought I would share this link with you. We were paying far too much for family things like clothes for us and the kids, games consoles inc the new Wii and soon to be PS3, car insurance/home insurance/pet insurance, broadband, mobile phones, landline calls, home and garden items, camping equipment and utilities/loans etc - you name it, we were spending too much on it.

Then a friend of mine recommended a site called www.bargainplace.co.uk. We were able to get cheaper electricity, gas, mobile phone, broadband and loan deals at bargainplace. Thanks to my friend (and the site) I am saving something like £100 a month and can afford an extra holiday abroard each year. Booked of course on www.bargainplace.co.uk. Thanks bargainplace ;-) !!
6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Return to Main Page